The Washington

Monday, January 7, 2013

All packed up and ready to go...


 At my moms house in Tsawwassen

  
1st time visiting Andrea & Ians house. Haven't seen them in over a year.


My 1st niece - Keara, love this girl!

Our 1st time meeting little Jane.  These two are gonna be besties some day, I can tell.

 
Oh Stella, you melt my heart! Such a sweet soul.

A little ballerina

Probably the funniest kids book I've read yet...





Bellingham, WA

Kirkland, WA
This is across the street from us and where I will be spending a lot of time


One of the coolest playgrounds I've ever seen.  It was freezing and Rhone still had a blast. 






 
All Moved in... well sort of.  Still unpacking the last of the boxes, but it's coming along pretty well.  Our new house has hard wood floors which I love (easy to clean) and it is spacious with an open floor plan.  We are in the top floor of a house, with the owners below.  I have to admit, it is a little weird not having a single family home, but it is worth it.  With the decision of KC going to work, and for myself to stay home with the kids, it is a sacrifice I am more than willing to make.  

This next year will be a big change for us. Switching roles in life is going to be an adjustment for both of us. But one I'm very excited about.  I have a whole plan in my head, and just need to think about how I'm going to implement it.  

Ideally I would love to set up a little beginner pre-school for Rhone here, with lots of outdoor exploration.  I am looking into mommy groups/play groups so he we can make new friends.  Washington from what I've researched online, is such a great place with lots of activities for children.  They have a huge parks and recreation which has many different choices of classes toddlers can take.  My only problem I can't seem to figure out, is... how do I do parent/child classes with my toddler while having a 7 month old in tow??  I would love to hear from any momma's out there who have suggestions?

But for now... were taking one day at a time, finishing our house, getting the kids acclimated and making this feel like home for them.  It's funny cause for the first week here, Rhone kept saying it was Grandma's house.  I think he's figured it out now, but it definitely took awhile.  Lachlyn is doing great except for those darn teeth that are cutting through her gums.  I always feel so bad for teething babies.  She has it pretty bad... any day now, I expect a couple to pop through.  She's still breastfeeding and eating a lot more solids, which is great and hopefully we can get her to gain a little more weight.   

Here are just a few pictures, to be honest I wish I had taken more, but with moving and two little ones, it just hasn't happened yet.  More coming soon...


8 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely beautiful, Lynn. I'm glad you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an amazing park! and WA looks sooo beautiful! i hope the change is everything you guys wanted - and more! so fun to see all the burdett kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, you should come and visit:) Just missing those twins and it would have been a cousin reunion.

      Delete
  3. Excited to see you guys closer to your parents and to Heather and Kris...looks beautiful...how fun a new adventure together...these times really grow your marriage...enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin, it has been so nice to be closer to my parents and my sister! I am closer to Heather and hopefully that means I will see her soon, miss her so much.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you are doing well, we got that book for the boys too, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Todd, Andrea introduced me to that book, I just ordered a copy on amazon yesterday.

      Delete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design