Just another Thursday

Friday, January 11, 2013






 I'm writing this after a fun filled morning.  Both kids are sound asleep and Wabash is cuddling on my lap.  We have been here for exactly 9 days and we got our first snow already.  I guess that's what we get for moving in January.  Last night it had started snowing a little bit, and Rhone went out on the porch to play.  This morning when we woke up, there was a little white blanket of snow over everything.  So pretty.  Steam or smoke coming out of the houses, and it was quiet.  So quiet, the kind of peace that I haven't had in a very long time.  It was pure joy for me to wake Rhone up and watch him as he watched the snow fall and see the excitement on his face.  We ate breakfast, got dresses, put Lachlyn down for a nap and then him and I went down to the backyard for a snowball fight.  It was an hour I will never forget.  His age is so fun because not only is everthing so exciting, but he can communicate his excitement and with the move and turning his world upside down, it was nice to see him full of happiness.  Except for snow in the mouth, that kid does not like eating anything cold.  I missed KC terribly, wishing he could enjoy this with us, but such is life... someone's got to work right?  

So I thought I would elaborate on my struggles with getting out of the house merely to go on a walk. 
It's been an adjustment for me, one that has tripled my time for getting everyone out the door.  This is what I have learned thus far: 

Look up weather by hour not by day.  

Put sweater and socks on Rhone, take him to bathroom (this is most important), change Lachlyns diaper, put sweater and socks on her too. Get my sweater and socks on.  

Put Lachlyn in her super warm bear suit, grab her and get Rhone and I down into the mud room. 

Call Wabash... or go get him.

Put Rhone's shoes, jacket,gloves, and helmet on.  Put my shoes and jacket on, grab keys and cell phone.  

Get leash on Wabash

Get Stroller outside on the bottom of all the stairs (lesson learned by round 3), Put Lachlyn in stroller, oh go grab blanket, tie Wabash to stroller.

Get Rhone's bike down the stairs.

Round up Rhone, lock door and go! 

Phew! Yes after that, I am exhausted and cold.  But we gotta do it, rain or shine everyday.  Once we get going, I love taking walks.  The neighborhood is so peaceful and so pretty with all the trees, flowers, and snow.  Rhone is such a hyper little boy, and he loves riding his little balance bike.  It's a nice outlet for him and makes the rest of the day indoors a little more easier.  Not to mention all these hills in the neighborhood might help me loose this baby weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design