Zurich, Switzerland

Wednesday, November 5, 2014





























Zurich, Switzerland was our next stop after Germany.  We drove the car back to the airport and caught the tram into town.  We pretty much were traveling on a whim.  Not knowing any German and not seeing any signs in English.  I was a nervous wreck while my husband was calm and collected.  How does he do that?! I guess this was just another opportunity to trust in him and God and somehow, we did end up on the right train, and although we got off 3 stops too early, I was pretty impressed (again) with his ability to navigate.  I have to say, Zurich is so clean, the trains, trams, and streets are clean, modern and very user friendly.  However, I think this is the most expensive city I have ever been to and probably will ever go to!  We barely ate anything while we were there because of prices... thankfully I packed protein bars :)  That night we did gets drinks, split a sandwich that night.  We walked around as much as the city that we could in our 1.5 days that we were there.  One of my personal highlights was when KC went to grab a beer at a local bar and I got to go shopping.  I didn't buy anything but it was so much fun walking downtown Zurich seeing the fancy shops and getting to know the culture.

Our hotel was pretty horrible here (and it was the most expensive) so we tried to spend as much time out and about as we possible could.  The day we were there, there must have been a futbol game that just got out as KC and I were walking the streets.  It was quite entertaining watching and hearing these Switzerland fans.  People were walking in huge packs down the richest parts of town singing in German, waving flags, and just enjoying the win.  There were riot police out in many areas around the city and KC and I were pretty impressed with the police there.  Being we were in Switzerland, who I thought was the most neutral and peaceful country in the world.  I guess they have the intimidating factor down perfectly.

That next morning, we got up, packed, and headed out for some breakfast and a cafe.  Walked around a little more, then packed and headed back to the airport.  Meaning... a tram to the train station and then a train to the airport.  By now, we had it down pretty well and made our flight to my final destination, Venice, Italy! // Coming Soon...//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design