Renewed Health + Essential Oils

Monday, November 24, 2014


I wanted to start a new series about my journey in Essential Oils.  It is something that is near and dear to my heart and after about 3 months of using them I feel confident enough to share my story.   I have sooo much more to learn, I mean 3 months really is not a long time and I feel like I have just started this journey and know that each day will bring more knowledge and more confidence in them. 

My Beginning: As a lot of you all know, I have had a pretty rough go at health in my life.  // With that I have to say that I do know how blessed and extremely grateful that I do not have severe disabling diseases, heart conditions, cancer, pain, I could go on and on... //  But for me, my asthma, eczema, and allergies have ruled my life and have been disabling in many ways in my day to day life. 

Hearing the stories my mother tells about my childhood, I am grateful that by the grace of God, I really can't remember most of them.  I do remember my view on my conditions and most of them revolve around my skin.  Staying up all night itching myself until I bleed, because well honestly that was when the itching stopped and the burning started which was a more pleasant feeling for me.  Being ashamed of how I looked, being embarrassed when people stared, and feeling like I had to hide when I felt itchy because everyone one around me would say "Lynn, stop itching" like it was easy to do... It was hard.  I mean really hard.  But looking back at all the crying, the frustration, the anger to God that I had for not taking it away, I can honestly see now that I wouldn't be who I am today with out those experiences.  I would not wish it on anyone, and I am sure there are other ways to teach compassion but I know that I have a different way that I see the sick, the broken, the embarrassed than most other people do.

 - On a side note... one of my biggest fears in my life was that my kids would have my health problems.  I truly was scared for years to get pregnant and "pass it on".  I finally decided to trust God, pray nearly 10 times a day during each pregnancy and thankfully so far, with the exception of Rhone's slight eczema, neither one has them!!!-

So, on a lighter note, and why I wanted to do this series on Essential oils.  About 5 months ago, I was at a point in my life here in WA that I was ready to move again!  My allergies, asthma, and skin were soo bad that I didn't think we could live here anymore.  I was frustrated. I didn't want to move again and I didn't know where we should go... I realized that in a way moving state to state every couple years was me and my husbands way of "running" away from my allergies and trying to find that perfect place where I could be "normal".  Everywhere I am I seem to be allergic to everything in our environment, which triggers my asthma and eczema.  After coming to the realization that we couldn't move to that imaginary no allergy land, I started diving into researching other alternatives.  I had tried new doctors, new medicine, new creams, new regimens, new ideas after new ideas and non of them lasted more than 1 month.  I was at the point where I needed something completely new, completely different, and a "miracle drug".  That is when I happened upon Essential oils.  -- Let me say first that after 2 minutes of reading I realized that this was in no way going to be a "miracle" but it was something that was worth trying.  It's funny, I actually have been exposed to oils years ago by both my mother in laws.  But I was so brainwashed with living 30 years in prescription steroids that I dismissed oils and thought those might work on them, but there is NO WAY they would work on me.  Fast forward 3+ years and here I am confessing that I was wrong and that they really can work on anyone!! 

I have implemented doTerra oils in to my day to day for not just myself but for my husband and kids as well! Actually the biggest benefit for KC and I with using oils in with our kids.  Giving them a great start to living healthy and clean is the best thing I can do for them.  Another extra bonus is less doctor visits.  I have some anxiety each time I think I need to take them to the doctor, not because of what is going on, but for some reason, no matter how much sanitizer I make them use, or how instructing them to use their elbow and not their hands lol... one of them seems to get sick after our appointment.  It is a $25 copay followed up by colds for everyone. ugh!  So having oils and knowing how to be preventive and giving the means of treatment gives me so much peace of mind! 

-- why doTerra? and about my asthma coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design