Lindau, Germany
Saturday, October 25, 2014
Lindau, Germany is a little island off the eastern side of Lake Constance, and 30 min drive from where we stayed in Bregenz. The streets are tiny, the houses full of character, and every building has a story. Just walking the streets in this town, made me feel like I was walking in some deep history. Our hotel added to this feel with a very traditional and classic chic style. Everything was prim and proper and I kinda loved it...
The best part about this town was after 7 days of trying to find a tortellini dish, I finally found it! Not just 1 but a lot of restaurants had it on their menu. We asked a local where the best Italian restaurant was and decided to head there for dinner. I got my tortellini, and KC well I really can't remember, that's how good my dish was. The wine, the water, and oh the food... I have to say it was one of the best meals of the trip. We shopped, we walked the entire length of the island tasting German icecream, cheeses, brauts, and chocolate. I mean, I am pretty sure the weight I gained was from this town alone!
We only had 1 day and 1 night there, but it was perfect. I really did feel like if we had been there any longer, we probably would have been bored. KC and I really did enjoy moving to a new location every day or two. It kept things new, fresh, and very interesting. We did relax, we did take our time, but really when your going through life with a 4 and 2 year old your days are shorten by snack times, nap times, and going to bed at 8pm and then we all of a sudden are alone, we felt like we could get so much done. We stayed up late, we slept in, and the best part was waking up to the breakfast buffets.
After breakfast, we packed up and started our drive back to Zurich, Switzerland... //Coming Soon...//
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























No comments:
Post a Comment