Rapallo & Portofino

Tuesday, October 14, 2014




















 



 




After our stay in Cinque Terra, we grabbed the first train out so that we could get to our new hotel in Rapallo, Italy.  This is the first hotel that we booked because I knew that Portofino was the #1 town that I wanted to visit.  I have to say, I did pretty darn good too.  It turned out to be our favorite hotel of the entire trip.  4 star, sea views, balcony, great price, and in the prime location.  We really couldn't find a better hotel in a better location!  It was right on the water, our balcony looked upon the Castello sul Mare or Castle on the Sea, we could see Portofino and both sunrise and sunset.  Rapallo was a very small and easy town to navigate through.  The hotel was a short 5 min walk from the train stop and from there, you can take a boat to any of the other small towns on the coast there.  So that morning, we unpacked, took in the beautiful view and hit the boat tour to Portofino.

I really am at lost for words when I talk about Portofino.  It's a magical town.  Probably the most beautiful town I have ever been to.  The colors of the buildings, the plants, the succulents, the crystal clear turquoise water just hit my soul.   The downfalls like every city we went to in Italy was that it was very touristy.  There were a lot of boats bringing alot of people.  But... it was so worth it.  This is the 1 town that I would highly recommend to anyone who going to Italy.  The gelato, the food, the shopping was the best of the best.  There are hikes, gardens, castles, private beaches, and so much to explore there.  I wish we had more time there to explore but at the end of the day we felt like we should take advantage of our hotel and we headed on back to Rapallo.  And I mean really I was looking for any excuse to get back on that boat and experience being on the sea!  Being on the water and seeing these beautiful views of these towns was a highlight for both KC and I.  So that night we walked down Rapallo's coast to find a place to eat.  We ended back at our hotel because really our hotel had the best view!  I found my first tortellini and KC found his fish.  We had a fabulous dinner and enjoyed watching the sunset.  A bubble bath, wine, and more gelato was the perfect end to our day in Rapallo.  // Next stop... Bregenz, Austria.//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design