
Bregenz, Austria is situated 2 hours from Zurich, Switzerland and 30 mins from Germany. Right at the tip of Lake Constance (3rd largest lake in Central Europe). So after our train ride from Milan to Zurich we ended up renting a car and driving to this little town. We stayed at this quaint little hotel that I swear had the best shower I have ever been in! And let me tell you... people in Austria are gorgeous! From the guy at the rental car place to the receptionist at the desk I was in love. Well dressed, well mannered, amazing accents, and they even smell divine.
The main reason we had this city on our list is because this is where KC had work conferences. So for 3 days we stayed here and I am so glad we did! It is one of those towns that is not a tourist designation and probably would never had gone to unless it was for work. I can't tell you how glad I am that we got the chance to go here. I fell in love with this town. It had families. Moms with strollers, kids running and playing in the streets, cafe's on nearly every corner, and amazing shopping! The town was the perfect mixture of old and modern. Seeing a modern all glass building next to a 200 year old building or house made it feel very accessible and interesting to me. During the morning, KC headed off to the conference and I slept in... took a shower, curled my hair, found a cute cafe, and walked over to the shops to spend my morning. It was pure bliss. The only issue which would be a huge one, if we ever lived there was the language. I was so bad and figuring out what things were, that all I ended up eating was pretzels and coffee. Needless to say, I need to learn a little more German if I ever am lucky enough to go back one day. One of the nights, KC had a work event at a art gallery. It ended up being one of my favorite nights. We ate dinner, had a few drinks, walked around the gallery with private tours featuring the lighting of the building, and ended the night talking with a 70 year old German man about his adventures in Nebraska & Alaska.
After the 2nd night, we went to explore one more country ( I mean why not? right!) and drove 30 mins to the island of Lindau, Germany. // Coming soon... //























No comments:
Post a Comment