Cinque Terra, Italy is made up of 5 of the most beautiful little villages on the coast. Unfortunately time and travel got in our way of seeing them all but we did see Vernazza. I was told by several sources that this was the place to go if you had to pick just one. So because the entire village was booked out weeks in advance to our stay, we had to stay in Levanto which is just a quick 7 min train stop away. I am so glad we did too! We ended up booking a 3 bedroom condo with sea views. It was pretty amazing and it was great seeing that town as well. Although, once we settle in to our hotel, we quickly hurried down to Vernazza so we could have dinner at sunset. I have to say, walking down off the train and into this town took my breath away. It was so alive with history and the most gorgeous walls of color really can lift anyone's spirit. Everything was bright, colorful and smelled oh so delicious.
Story Time:
Before dinner I wanted to go out on the rocks and take a nice picture of KC and I. So I set up my iPhone on my tripod and we headed down to the rocks with our trusty remote... We posed and KC took a bunch of photos remembering to hid the remote. He stayed there while I ran up to take a quick peek, only to find out not one picture actually took. I guess the remote doesn't take pics through human bodies, so we tried # 2 and still no pictures... the sun was setting it was so beautiful and so we wanted to hurry and get our table. So I ran back up the rocks to get my phone and on the way down I completely slipped on the mossy rocks. I seriously fell down 2 boulders and right into the water. My whole left side was completely wet and covered in moss. KC panicked and quickly came over to grab my phone and my purse which somehow I managed to save. I wish we had taken more pictures of the scene but we adrenaline rushing, pure humiliation, and almost ready to cry because I was dirty and wanted to go to dinner we didn't even think of it. KC was so amazing and ran to buy me a shirt so we could save the night, however came back with a beautiful sarong - still have no idea why he thought that was a good idea, but whatever haha... we had to laugh. I draped it across myself as gracefully as I could and went to dinner. It ended up being as romantic as possible in that situation and gave us a great story to tell. All in all, it was an amazing day filled with fun, laughs, and even times to build our relationship even further.
KC and I both agreed that if we ever came back to Italy with the kids, Cinque Terra would be our first stop. Perfect beachy vacation filled with great wine, pizza, gelato and pleasantly cool sea water.
We stayed the night in Levanto. Did our laundry and woke up early to catch the first train to Rapallo & Portofino, Italy //Coming Soon...//












No comments:
Post a Comment