The problem was that it didn't have side rails... so I looked online and on craigslist for a couple weeks trying to figure out how we could do this. Happened upon a vintage twin bed with headboard, footboard, and side rails. The sizing of the side rails were a perfect match. $15 - SOLD
So I gave away the extra head and foot board to a friend in need and for $35 I had a twin bed.
So next my talked my husband into sanding the whole thing for me and I started to paint it with primer. I used Kilz - It's the best!
Then sanded it again - not going to lie, this was super hard! All the fine detail, the spools needing to be nice and rounded. Spending the extra $ on a new bed was starting to look a lot easier to me at this point.
//try to look past the ugly dryer vent, cord, and ugly patio//
Painted 2-3 coats of this paint in Pure White.
My husband made slats super quick and easy and that was it. Found a great deal on a great mattress at Costco with the back to school deals and we had a bed frame + mattress for under $200.
I was trying to figure out how to stop her from rolling out of the bed at night without having to use the traditional bed guards... so I was looking around and found scrap foam pieces that we used to make our pack n play more comfortable and rolled it up, and stuck it under the mattress cover. It works perfect! Still soft but does the trick.
//Stay tuned... Lachlyn's Room Tour will go up soon//









So awesome! I love EVERYTHING about it! If that doesn't work you can always use a dollar store pool noodle and just put it under her sheet.
ReplyDelete