I thought it would be fun to put in my 'memory book' all the super random but helpful Tips/Ideas/Things that have worked for me now and in the past. I've been meaning to do this almost 1 year ago and was going to have a ton of pictures as illustration, and cleaver ways to display it. But you know what, it's just not going to happen. Partly because my 'baby' is 2 years old now and so the baby ideas just won't work for a picture, so here it is in the boring form...
My very simple Tips and Tricks:
#1 - I am a huge supporter of swaddling. I got lucky in that both my kids loved it as well and so I swaddled them until they were both over 1 year old. We never tried not to swaddle during the day and just at night to help with the bedtime routine. And use as a cue that it's time to sleep for a longer period of time. Now, there were very different stages of how I swaddled for their growth. Both arms in, 1 arm out, both arms out... depending on how they liked. I used muslin swaddle blankets when the were babies. And if they're like my boy who could squirm out of anything and then wake himself up my hitting himself in his face, I would double wrap them in 2 muslin's. Or switch to my all time, time saving, anyone can do it velcro swaddles. This was my favorite brand. Now here's my favorite trick for all you mamas of tall babies out there... If your little ones grows too tall for the swaddle but is too small for the large size, simply cut off the bottom portion. Their little fit will stick out and it might look a little silly, but it can extend the life out of your swaddle.
#2 - Getting rid of a pacifier: I love this trick however never actually used it. My aunt told me about it when I was thinking of getting Lachlyn off hers. Cut off a little bit of the nipple at a time. After a couple of weeks the nipple will be so tiny it won't be worth her trying to suck on it // we just went cold turkey with Lach and it totally worked, but if that hadn't worked, this was my back up plan//
#3 - Getting kids used to water on their faces early. Simply take them in the shower with you. Instead of putting them in the bouncer or waiting for nap time put the bumbo in there, get some toys and sit them at the other end of the shower. Especially if they're sick or have a stuffy nose, the steam will help drainage just like it does for you. And eventually they will get so comfortable they will crawl right into the stream of water and whala no fear of water in their eyes. // Plus now you don't have to have bath time - time saving tricks are my favorite //
#4 - Corn is great for those teething toddlers.
#5 - Cutting hair: For yourself or for your little ones. I have a cheapo one, but have been considering upgrading to this. I have used my version for years. I have cut everyone's hair in our family using this. It saves so much money and is so easy.
#6 - Speaking of cutting hair: If your looking to grow your hair out, I just came upon this tutorial about cutting your own split ends. I did it for the first time the other night and my hair feels smoother and it totally beats going to the salon to get a trim and end up with 2 inches cut off.


No comments:
Post a Comment