Life Lately

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

















Summers here in Washington are truly the best!  Last month was so hard for me because the weather here can seriously mess with your mind.  One week its warm and then the next its back to being cold and rainy.  But everyone here says that it's not really summer until July 4th, but I think it came here a week early because it has been warm and sunny.  70-85 degrees has definitely lifted my spirits!  My garden is finally growing and I am loving picking off lettuce throughout the day for the kids!  From the moment the kids wake up, we are outside enjoying our backyard and swimming.  Lachlyn has been loving the little pool, and sits in there all day.  She actually almost fell asleep at one point.

However, we are still not used to this no air conditioning thing.  Coming from Arizona, there is always a place to cool off when you come in from the blazing sun, but when you don't have air conditioning, you have to figure out other ways.  So there has been a lot of naked butts running around here and wet feet all over my floors.  My main mission each day is to keep the house cool by closing all the shutters and not letting the warm air in.  Last night it was 85 degrees in the house, so I'm not sure that I'm doing such a great job... but KC has been loving that he gets to grill almost every night (so we don't heat the house) and I am loving eating outside on my new patio table.

Rhone is doing great in swim lessons, almost level 4 -yay!  It has been a challenge each day keeping Lachlyn from jumping in while we watch from the side.  She is a fish out of water (literally) and so once daddy comes home from work we eat dinner and head right back to the pool.  KC gets to play with Rhone and I try to give Lachlyn a quick lesson of her own.  That girl has got some good solid kicks and is fearless just like her big brother.

I goal is to soak everyday up this summer, so that it will get me through the long winters here.  And I truly thank God everyday for these moments we get to have.  I know that someday I will be a full time working mom again, and so I am trying to savor everyday with these kiddos.  I have been loving being in charge of the schedule and more importantly love breaking it!  I having the flexibility of letting them stay up late when they are having fun, and/or letting them eat lunch naked in the back yard.  The little things are such a blessing for me and I don't take it for granted. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lynn I love this post. It's so wonderful that you guys are having such a fun time and enjoying the great outdoors. It's great that you have a wonderful back yard and nice house to live in. And such great weather, too. We sure love seeing pictures of your family and really really miss seeing you guys. Can't wait to come visit again.

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design