Next weekend is 4th of July weekend and I couldn't be more excited!! Not only is it a 3 day weekend, but we are taking our first of hopefully many camping trips this summer. My husband and I both remember camping non-stop as kids. I have so many fun memories of camping with family and friends. My hubby tells stories about how he didn't sleep in tents just in sleeping bags under the stars... I however remember a semi-lux camping. We did tents and my mom cooked amazing meals every night. I think at one point we had a pop up trailer which for us was so exciting. As a kid I never realized how much effort camping takes. The preporation, the packing, the supplies. I mean once you have it all, it will last you years of free trips but when you are a new camper of a family of 4 it can be a little overwhelming.
However, I have changed ALOT since I was a dirty non caring kid. I am kinda a clean freak who likes everything organized and with in easy access. I also happen to be allergic to nature and dirt, so you can image my anxiety when it comes to prepping for a camping trip. Ideally a camper or trailer would solve alot of these problems but for now our tent is all we have. But really for KC and I, it is so important to us that we give our kids the same outdoor skills, and great memories
that we had when we were kids. Camping is such an amazing way to grow
together as a family and also to teach our kids that nature holds just as much fun as any toy at home. Getting them outdoors, exploring, and staying active is what we try to do as much as possible especially in their early years.
One of my favorite things about being in Washington is being able to camp right by a beach. This is something I never experienced when your camping spots have always been AZ, Cali, and Colorado. For me it's perfect. I would choose camping on the beach over forest any day. Why? Well besides the fact that I am a total ocean lover and seeing the sea just puts me in a special place of serenity and happiness, it also is cleaner and has less allergies. So I am excited that this weekend we will be spending our time at Deception Pass. There apparently is a ton of things to do and amzing sites to see.
Last year we camped with my parents, you can read that here. We were completly spoiled that trip because we were able to use their trailer for the pack-n-play and they also brought and cooked all the food. So with this trip, we are flying solo which means we had to stock up on a few supplies. So I thought I would put a little list together of my must haves for camping.
- My Camera
- Tent, air mattress, sleeping bags etc.
- Found this toddler cot on Zulily for $40 which I love for Rhone! Super light weight and comes with a sleeping bag that attaches so they can't squirm out of their covers in the middle of the night. We also have used this many times for when guests come over and sleep in Rhone's bed.
- These stackable cooler are genius for those of us that have limited space in our cars.
- A stove for grilling and a flat top for pancakes in the morning.
- Bug spray and Sun screen are a must.
- Coffee or Espresso maker is also any moms must have!
- Cute outfits always help me feel my best
- And of course smores... that is the only thing on Rhone's list
Hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend!! I can guarantee there will be a follow up post with lots of pics, so stay tuned!



















So fun! We went camping for Father's Day and are going again this weekend too! My dream is to get a vintage trailer and gut it...maybe someday!
ReplyDelete