Today we celebrated Rhone's 3rd birthday. I still can't believe it, he has grown so much this past year. KC and I were really excited this year because he is finally aware of birthdays and has been talking about his and other peoples for over 6 months. He loves pirates and so this year we played dress up, had sword fights with friends, and walked the plank. Family and friends came from all over to celebrate and he had such a exciting and busy day. His real birthday is tomorrow, so I'm sure the festivities will continue for the weekend, but today was fun and I am so thankful for everyone who helped make his day special. He had been looking forward to this day for a long time and I think we exceeded his expectations.
I finally got to use a couple of my Pinterest diy ideas and had a lot of fun decorating and getting setup for the big day. We did brunch for the food because well it was at brunch time, and it's my favorite. Rhone got his 'brown' cake and KC made these delicious quiche & his famous bacon wrapped pears with jalapeno. Mixed in some juice, coffee, and cocktails and you have a party.
My little Rhone
I know I write alot about this little guy, but I can't say enough good things about him. He has changed KC and I in so many ways. He helped us grow in our marriage, he helped us grow as adults, and he helped us love life so much more. He has this way with me, that I can't explain. His look, his hugs, his snuggles, his life I just adore. He's my little man. I love that he is getting over his fears and growing into a little dare devil. He is really into cars and has named each one of them. He loves dinosaurs, bears, octopus's, and now lobsters. He climbs anything he sees, he jumps of anything he can climb.
His love for his sister is my favorite. I love hearing them play together and him calling her 'baby'. I love that he tells me I look like a princess when I wear dresses. I love that twirls his hair when he's bored, tired, or frustrated.
Rhone happy 3rd birthday! Can't wait to see what this new year brings you.


No comments:
Post a Comment