If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably seen these already
reading by the fireplace... i mean...
So this past weekend, we got to travel back home to Arizona for KC's sisters wedding. Annie & Jeff we are so excited for you guys! The reception was gorgeous and it was so nice to see family again. I have to say though, even though I have lived in AZ for practically my whole life... I never get used to the heat. We just don't get along. And my oh my, the allergies there are just out to get me! It was interesting to see the difference between how I feel now in WA and what I've felt for so many years in AZ. I am thankful everyday for clean air, and a open nasal passage. But back to the wedding bells... I love weddings. In August KC and I will have been married 10 years! To be honest it feels like more. Maybe because we've really been together for 14 but who's counting? Weddings bring me back to that feeling. They remind us of love and how precious it is. They remind us of family. They remind us of commitment, and how important it is to always put marriage before kids, work, or just life in general. Because we were sooo busy this weekend with wedding stuff and my 2 crazy sleepless kids, I fell short of taking pictures of the actual event. I was able however to take some good ones at my sisters house and with family at the temple. My nieces Keara, Stella, and Jane... you are beautiful inside and out! Love you guys and miss you soo much. Keara and Stella, Rhone still talks about you two... he wants you to come over. And my newest beautiful niece Raelynn. So precious and little. Doesn't she have the has the cutest smile? Love her, and can't wait to see her again soon. I so wish I had gotten pictures of little Cason and Ryu!! Those 2 boys are so cute and have such fun personalities.
The flight home was better than the flight there, however at some point Lachlyn baby somehow picked up a nasty stomach flu. The night upon our return, we woke up to her crying because she had thrown up all over her crib. This continued for 2 days. Throwing up, fever, diarrhea the works. Her poor little body, helplessly unable to sit up on her own. Her eyes tired and glossy. Her body so hot, you overheat yourself. It's hard to describe the feeling a mother gets when this happens. I'm sure every mom has had this happen to them at some point. For me, it kills me to see my kids sick. And this was the first time, Lachlyn has had anything else besides a cold. 4 days later, she's still recovering. The sanitation of every toy, every clothing, has worn me out. But thankfully nobody else has had a hint of sickness so I am thankful for this to be over.
This next week is gonna be a pretty trying week. KC is off to Korea for work. And the kids and I are off to spend the 6 days with my parents. I'm excited for my husband. I love that he gets to see the world on the job. What a great opportunity for him and can't wait to hear all about it. I have big plans of, letting my parents help me with the kids, coffee, beach time, swimming, and taking at least 1 nap a day. This however might be the longest KC and I have been apart for a long long time.
A whole 6 days with out my love.... I just keep telling myself 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'.
I thank Apple for face time, and hopefully the days will fly by.


What great pictures with Andrea's family! Annie should have pictures of the wedding on her blog in a couple of weeks. How is Lachlyn feeling now? Poor baby!
ReplyDelete