Point Robers, WA // US pene-exclave - look it up :)
KC's Hotel
the work
This past week was a challenging but adventurous week for both KC and I. KC went to Seoul, South Korea for work. He flew out of Seattle on Sunday morning (Mothers Day). Such a great opportunity for KC and I was excited to hear all about it. I mean, how many people get to see the world for work? Pretty awesome experience to have and it's just the start for him. For me, although I am excited for KC and his career, selfishly I would rather him be by my side every single day. It's just my personality and it's how our marriage has been. We really haven't spent more than 5 days away from each other in the 10 years we've been married. So it was hard. Add in a couple sick kids and well I had my hands full emotionally.
So I headed to my parents to rescue me. I didn't waste any time, right after I dropped off KC at the airport we started the long 3 hour drive. If you know me well, you would know that I'm not the cook in the family. I do most everything else in the house, but cooking is just not for me. So when KC approached me months ago about leaving for 5 days, the first thing that came to mind is: "what are we gonna do for dinner if he's gone?" It's sad I know... so there lies one of the biggest reasons we headed to Canada. And of course a little grandma & grandpa does wonders for us all. My parents were so great and took care of us and well I probably gained 5lbs this past week. I did (with a little pushing from mom) baked chocolate chip cookies and blue berry muffins. If I'm gonna learn to cook, you know it's gonna be baking first!
The kids were sick again which is never fun, especially when your not home, but we still managed to hike, picnic, explore ocean life, and play it up at the park. The funnest thing for me living in the northwest now, is the spring flowers, the gardens, the ocean, and the clean air. My mom has quite the garden in her back yard which Rhone had a blast helping to water and dig for worms. Playing outside with those 2 kids was the highlight for everyone. We did have several melt downs, sleepless nights, and lots of snotty noses but all in all it was a great week away.
KC came home super jet lagged and barring gifts of tea and coffee. He worked long hours everyday and wasn't able to see as much as he would have like to, but he enjoyed the experience and learned a lot. He traveled along side of the president of the company so it was fun for him to get to know him a little more and learn from the best. Which is good, because his next trip is in 2 weeks. This time Taiwan.
On the bright side, the saying is so true. "Absence make the heart grow fonder." The kids and I missed him like crazy. And because my hubby is so incredible, he wanted to make this weekend all about me and have a re-do for Mothers Day. So Sat morning I was surprised with flowers, breakfast, and coffee. Later that night I got dinner and mimosas. Sunday again with the mimosas and breakfast (I mean... why not? right?). Later that evening he watched the kids so I could go out for more drinks with my wonderful girlfriend. Do you see a trend? haha // Much needed break for me and KC got quality time with the kids.
Happy Mothers Day to Me!











I love hearing about your adventures. How lovely to get to hang out with your parents while KC was out of town. Traveling with little ones is never easy but I'm proud of you for making the effort and allowing them the adventure of new places and people.
ReplyDeleteIt was great that you were remembered well for Mother's day even if it wasn't possible on the actual day. You deserve the very best!