Play Dates

Friday, March 29, 2013


  I'm sure I'm allergic, but does it get prettier than pink trees?!



 "Ben your so far away..."

 "much better"


the wild ones : the peaceful ones










 This park was so much fun.  It's a couple blocks away from Jen's house and has the cutest little farm park next door.  There's bamboo forts, gardens, tractors, and lots of room to run.


I have been at this whole stay at home mom thing for about 3 months now. For some reason it seems longer and I think it's because everyday is something new. That's my favorite part about moving to new cities every few years. And Washington has brought me outdoors. Which seems funny to most because it's cold and rainy here. (However we have had about 6 days of sunshine in a row- and it has been ammazzzing!) But... it's really because I'm not stuck indoors 40+ hours a week and well it's just to gorgeous here to stay inside. The air is so clean, I can finally breathe. I know I haven't been here long enough for things to bloom yet, but my allergies have been non-exisitant here so far, which I can't tell you how amazing that is for me.

I think I can honestly say that I have never been to more parks in all my life than I have in the 3 months I've lived here. Kirkland is full of them. Almost every neighborhood has one. We are in walking distance to 2 'fun parks' as Rhone calls them. And because we are on one income, the money to do other things just isn't there. And well, if you give Rhone a place to run and explore he is a very happy boy. One of my biggest concerns with staying home with the kids and not having them in day care, was the worry about them not getting social interaction with other kids. So I looked into mommy groups, but they just didn't seem right for us starting out. I registered Rhone is several parks and rec classes which he loves but it just wasn't enough. I took them to the park, and Rhone would find any kid and latch onto them. He loves playing with other people, the problem is they didn't always want to play with him. You know how hard it is to see your kid try to play hide and seek with bigger kids, and when he runs and hides, nobody looks for him. It can break your heart. I also wrote about how his aggressiveness and eagerness can scare most kids here

So about a month ago, we were at Juanita beach park which is so beautiful and Rhone's favorite because it's a beach which means he can throw rocks and play in the sand.  About a month ago we meet Jen and her son Levi.  (Rhone went to go steal his tractor and Levi got mad) it was a match made in heaven. haha.  Well for the next hour or so, these two little boys played so well together so well.  They are so much alike its scary.  They both are pretty big for their age, their personalities are  extremely similar and they both kinda get what they give.  And instead of Rhone dominating he gets put in his place a little more with Levi.  Sometimes with two aggressive personalities, it can get a little heated between them, but I can tell Rhone is taking it all in and learning how to play, share, and obey more so than before.  They really do love each others company.  Rhone talks about him all day, and asks if he can play with him.  And every time we do meet up, Levi runs to him and gives him a big hug and says "I missed you Rhone".  So cute right ?!  

Jen also has a 12 month old boy named Ben, who also equally shares many qualities that Lachlyn does.  He is timid, a lover boy, and so cute.  Such a cute little couple. hehe.  Jen owns and teaches yoga and her husband is a firefighter.  I could go on forever about them, such a great family.  As a bonus, are parenting styles are pretty similar and it's nice to share with someone who understands my kids and can relate to so many different situations as a mom. 

Getting excited for warmer sunnier days like this one and enjoying time spent with friends.

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Jen and her children are a gift from heaven. My favorite pics this week are of the babies studying the flowers and the boys in the bamboo fort. I also loved the shot of the wind tower. So glad you are enjoying the outdoor opportunities. I sure hope the allergy situation remains good. What a nice relief!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design