This girl. She melts my heart. Ginger hair, blue eyes, and that pasty Washington skin. Give her a little sass, a drama queen attitude, and snugly soul and were in for a fun ride with her. She is growing up so fast. She is still tiny and seems so light compared to Rhone, but she is learning and growing more than her age. She loves to watch and I can tell she is taking in everything she sees.
She isn't crawling yet per-say, she has chosen a way less affective, but way funnier way to get a round the house. Her Dr. has reassured me that this is normal and that she may never do a formal crawl before she walks. Coming soon... her scoot.
Speaking of kids growing up... Rhone is doing so well this week. He surprises me every day. I've made quite a few changes around here, and one of them is getting Rhone to help me with things around the house. For one, it helps him stay out of trouble, and it lets me get stuff done while keeping him entertained. His favorite thing right now is washing dishes. I fill the sink with bubbles and put a few dishes in there and he can spend 30mins there. Another happy mama moment is seeing him express his feeling more and more. The other day I saw him get so frustrated because I took a toy away because he was hitting his sister with it. And instead of his usual attempt to hit me out of frustration or push her, he said "I'm so frustrated Mom!". I was so proud. We talked about why and how he can resolve this frustration and it was over. No crying, no hitting, no scolding. I have high hopes for this next year of getting through the two and into the threes.
In other news: We finally got a new computer!!! I can't tell you how exciting this is for me. I have been using a small laptop we bought 6 years ago. With our tax refund, we used a little to splurge this year and get a incredible fast and blah blah blah desktop computer. Another perk for me is Photoshop Elements 11 came with this new computer. Yay. Now instead of using about 3-4 programs to do certain things, I can just use 1 and once I master it, I will be able to save so much time with my photos. And if that wasn't enough I also got a new lens for my camera. The 50mm!! And let me tell you,
it is everything and more that I was hoping for. I have wanted this before
Lachlyn was born and so you can image the excitement I had when it came
in the mail last week. My new goal for the month of March is to take a class via internet to help teach me to use this new lens and help me finally learn basic photography skills.





I may sound like a broken record but once again I love the pictures! I enjoy your photography and can't wait to see the results of the new technology and camera equipment. It makes my day to see the family news updates.
ReplyDelete