** Best seen with sound**
Booty Scoot from Lynn Fletcher on Vimeo.
Lachlyn has taken her time with this whole crawling thing. Ever since she was a baby, she has not liked being on her stomach. She rolled over pretty early on because of this. So when she mastered the sit she pretty much insisted on it all the time. I believe this is what prompted her own version of crawling. It's not the conventional way to get around, it's not even practical or efficient but she took a liking to it. I actually think it's quite funny to be honest. I was worried after reading about how important the crawl is to a child's growth and decided to talk about it with her Dr. She said that lots of children find their own ways of crawling and it will not affect her development. And she also said that now that she can move about on her own, she may not ever crawl on her hands and knees. This eased my mind and so I've embraced this silly girls way and wanted to share this video I made of her 'booty scoot'.
On a side note... I'm trying out this whole Adobe Elements program to see if we want to purchase it, which is why it has a silly banner on it. But hopefully down the road I will be able to learn and experiment with making our own home videos to enjoy for years to come.
On a side note... I'm trying out this whole Adobe Elements program to see if we want to purchase it, which is why it has a silly banner on it. But hopefully down the road I will be able to learn and experiment with making our own home videos to enjoy for years to come.


That's so cute! Ya I wouldn't worry. I got my Associates degree in Family and Human Development. They mainly say it's a developmental skill because they are learning physical movement with hands and lower body. It's also mental because they learn cause and affect. You can tell she is clearly aware she can move about! Smart chicka! Emmalynn hates her tummy too and learned to roll to her back in no time but that's due more to her gtube. Maybe she will do the booty scoot too so she can skip anything involving her tummy! Too funny!
ReplyDeleteStill smiling after watching it twice! What an awesome little gal. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletethis is amazing. definitely made me smile! :o)
ReplyDelete