A Gig Harbor Weekend

Friday, February 8, 2013


  


 
My sister Kendra and her boyfriend Kyle live in Gig Harbor, just a short ways over the Tacoma Narrows bridge.  Her place is right on the Puget Sound!  I mean right on the water... amazing views, gorgeous houses, and lots of nature to explore. This house is full of character, huge deck overhanging the Sound and the views that just sooth your soul.  When the tide was out we headed down to explore.  Flipping over the big rocks to see tons of little crabs running out of sight.  I was super excited to flip over a rock and find 2 sea stars stuck to the bottom of it.  Loved seeing Rhone enjoy sea animals as much as I do.

  I was a little nervous about this whole Kayaking thing when Kendra suggested it.  It was cold, and who wants to get in a tiny canoe when it's freezing outside.  Well we did, after Kyle easily convinced us.  I'm so glad we did because it is my new favorite.  Rhone really wanted to go too, so KC as the amazing dad he is, helped him row and he absolutely loved it!! He had a huge smile on his face the whole time.  It was nice to be able to be out there as a family (Lachlyn watching from the shore) and enjoy looking for sea stars, otters, seals, and well the buoys were cool too.






















The Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium was probably one of the best I've been to in a long time.  The combination of zoo and aquarium is the perfect balance.  It's small enough to see in a couple hours, which is perfect with kids.  They have many different animals that I have never even heard of... thanks to Kendra the zoologist for the tour.   A bigger aquarium than the Seattle Aquarium, and a huge kids park.   It will definitely be a regular on our weekend list.  The kids had a blast and I enjoyed taking my new Bugaboo Stroller out for the first time.  It is a dream stroller.  I might just do a whole post on it soon... 






 
This past Sunday was the Superbowl.  The things I love about this particular day is the food. Good snacks all day is a recipe for an amazing day, game or no game. Chips/salsa, guacamole, queso, home made jalapeno poppers, pulled pork, and a couple margaritas will get me to watch any sporting event.
We cozied up next to the fire, and watched the game. 



After the Beyonce performance (Lachlyns favorite) I took the opportunity to hit the Sound and do a little more Kayaking by myself.  I can't remember the last time I did something by myself and it was just what I needed.  The cool air hitting your face, the quiet peaceful water, the beauty around, the birds, the fish, the seals, it all just reminded me of how God's love is all around us and it's just a matter of sitting still to see it.

On a side note... after I conquer Kayaking I think I'm gonna try to pick up paddle boarding.  I've always wanted to try it, and well I think Washington is the perfect place to do just that.  
All things water is what I'm filling my life with now a days.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design