A New look

Friday, September 28, 2012

I'm still so new at this whole blog thing that I just found out you can purchase blog templates on etsy! I knew you could have somebody design a custom blog, but I just can't afford that right now.  So my last blog template was the plainest simplest template I could find for free on blogger.  But it wasn't  simple enough and I wanted to put my own touch on it.

So after countless hours looking up CSS coding, youtube videos, and blogging help I created my own blog.  I made my own header, deleted alot of extras, changed fonts and sizes, moved things from the right side to the middle, sounds easy but it's not!  It takes weird codes and sometimes they don't even work.  I was proud of it.  However I still couldn't get things to line up just right.  My header and tabs weren't centered with my posts and it just looked like a amateur did it.  I needed a little more fung shui.  So I decided to get help.

I found dozens of templates you can buy on Etsy.  It is kind of depressing to think of the countless hours spent to just end up with going with a professional, but I have to say it is worth it.  I love my new look.  Everything is centered perfectly just where it needs to be.  Colors are great, and best of all, I can stop worrying about it.

But I need some opinions... what do you think?  The homemade vs. the store-bought.

** Oh yeah, and if you love this blog as much as I do, can you click the follow button down on the right hand side?  I really need more than 4 people :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I follow you just in reader. P.S. I feel your html pain! Why do you think I haven't updated the header on my blog, ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design