Rhone's 1st day of Preschool
Thursday, September 18, 2014
For the last year or so, Preschool has been a big discussion in our household. Do we put him in? Should we wait? Does he really need it? Can we afford it? As a mom living in a wealthy preschool driven community I felt a lot of pressure last year about putting him in school at age 3, and so this year at age 4 it was even more on my mind. I knew he would LOVE it and I knew it would be great for him, the only problem that I saw was it just wasn't in the budget. It's almost like you need to save for the first 3 years of their life in order to send them in this town. I threw around homeschooling time after time and then when reality set in about how I eventually want to get back to full time work, we decided that it would be wise to put him in half days this year, so that he and I could get used to having a schedule again. I looked at practically every school in our surrounding area and decided on a church preschool that gave him enough hours and was affordable enough to work in our lives. It didn't hurt that this church has the most amazing kids programs and is known for giving a mixture of Montessori practices (which I love) but with God at the center. So far 2 weeks in, he still loves going and wakes up excited to get dressed and head out to see his friends. Lachlyn however is taking it pretty hard. He is only gone 3 hours each day, but she misses him like crazy. Asking "Rhone home soon?" like every 10 mins. But this is a great opportunity for him to get what he needs and for Lachlyn and I to finally get alone time which I realized we have never had. We do crafts, paint each other nails, and go out on a lot of coffee/milk dates while he is away at school. It's actually been quite amazing for her and I and I am now looking forward to that time with her.
They are both growing up so fast and before I know it Rhone will be in Kindergarten! I love seeing him blossom and I love seeing his personality come through each year, but oh how I miss those days when all he needed was me and the comforts of home. I try so much to soak up each moment with my kiddos but it still doesn't seem like enough. But this year is bringing lots of new change for us as a family and I am excited to see how each of us grow and evolve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment