Potty Training

Sunday, September 14, 2014





Labor Day 2014 marks the day Lachlyn started potty training.  3 months after her 2nd birthday.  Originally I was going to put this off a little longer, but with the big trip to Italy coming up and my parents dropping BIG hints at it, we decided to go all in and get it done.  We did the 3 day method with Rhone when he was almost 3 years old and I swear it was the easiest experience for us.  He was more than ready and I think he had only 1 accident ever.  We never put a pull up on when he was awake and so we thought we would try this with Lachlyn as well. 

The first day we gave her a big present that contained her potty chair and a potty chart.  // Potty chair was Rhone's but when you hide it from her and wrap it up,  it's like a brand new Christmas present in her eyes.  Oh and by the way - I LOVE this potty chair.  It's so simple, it has no extra creases or crevices for potty to get stuck in and is a breeze to clean. // We took her diaper off and sat her on the potty for a long time and had her watch a show.  When she went we praised her, had a little party, and she got to put a sticker on her potty chart and get a m&m.  And then we she didn't leave the house for 3 full days!  We watched movies and had the potty chair right there in the living room for when she needed to go.  Once she did, I sent the kids outside to play.  After about 1-2 hours of playing, we came back inside and watched more TV with the potty right next to her.  We made sure to do a happy dance and kept up with stickers and a treat each and every time.  Rhone was soo helpful, he helped pull her pants down, and was super excited when she went.  I will never forget how sweet and caring he was during this process.  Don't get me wrong, it was very hard to get anything done during this time- hints why our house was TRASHED.  But it made it easy by planning our meals and watching movies so that this time could be all about her and her success.

So after 3 days, we  gave her some new panties and ventured out.  She hasn't has 1 public accident and I can officially say after 1 week she was potty trained.  She completed her potty chart on the 5th day and we took her to the store to pick out her present. She picked out a yellow foam ball as her present, and then we convinced her that this was a special day and she could get a "bigger funner" present than a foam ball.  Funny thing is, she really did want that ball, she played with it all that day.

This week we have hit a slight bump in the road with going poo poo.  I don't think she hasn't quite understood when she needs to go poo poo.  She hasn't had an accident but when that time is about to occur, or a gas bubble passes her, she wants screams to sit on the potty.  She doesn't go... but she does this like every 10 mins for an entire day!!  It's kinda driving me crazy, because it puts you on edge thinking this is gonna be the time, and you rush and then nothing... but I guess if this is the least of the issues, I think were doing pretty darn good, right?! Any mama's out there... has this happened to you?  I would love to hear ideas of how you went about potty training!

// On a side note... my babies are growing up so fast! I can't believe I don't have to change diapers anymore.  We do put a diaper on Lach for naps and night time, but it still hits me hard that I don't have a baby anymore. //

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design