KC and I got to go on a whole day date up to the mountain in Vancouver BC! Where they had the Olympics... It was pretty amazing and we loved just being us and enjoying the day together. Snowboarded all day and night and then was able to relax and have dinner at the lodge after.
// amazing!//
Ballet has taken over this girls heart. Thursday are now her favorite day and she's good too! Yes I might be exaggerating a little bit but she listens to every word the teacher says and is by far the cutest little ballerina I've ever seen!
Pool parties are the best kind of parties!
After a long weekend of house shopping, we surprised the kids with Marvel Universe Live! It was so much fun. Kids were so into it and had smiles the whole time! KC and I felt pretty good about being the coolest parents ever. haha
This is what happens when the sun comes out!
Kids doing Science with Dad
Guys seriously how has it already mid March!! I haven't even blogged our Christmas/New Years trip yet... needless to say I am a bit behind.
There are several reasons for that, first being that I have been incredibly busy by simply taking on way to much! This space has been a great way to journal our life and sometimes life happens so fast that there just isn't enough hours in a day. Other priorities creep in and I appreciate all the support out there for hanging with me on this blog.
With that... I have very exciting news that had to be documented which is why the dust is cleaned off of this old space. I have been hard at work since the beginning of the year on a secret project... Something that I truly believe will change my life forever. It's a huge task and I'm only in the beginning stages, but I have faith that it is a still a great idea and I really have so much desire to see it through. With that said, I will announce it at some point this year, but can't do so yet until I have more of this project completed.
Another huge surprise is that WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!! It feels surreal. KC and I had bought a house when we first were married over 13 years ago. We lived in it for 2 years and then have rented it out along with us renting and moving all over the country for the last 11 years. So for us, this a pretty big deal. The market here in WA is a killer and it has been a long road to get here. But with a few miracles performed by God we got an offer accepted and have started to pack. We are hoping to move in the beginning of April. The house is definitely a fixer upper but it has a ton of potential. Built in the 60's it has charm and best of all, hard wood floors that will need to be refinished before we can move in. So these next few weeks will basically consist of KC working on our new house while I pack up our rental.
With every move, it is bitter sweet. Especially with kids. This house been so good to us. I honestly love the house we have rented for more than 2 years... we have meet so many amazing people in our neighborhood and Rhone and I both have become obsessed with his elementary school. So to leave and move 20 mins away to a new school district, new neighborhood, and new life is pretty intimidating. But I have always welcomed change and finally being able to settle down and give our kids a home to call our own is also pretty amazing. Something I have dreamed of for 5 years.
The kids have been extremely good doing this process. We made them walk through dozen of open houses, we put many many offers on houses that we were out bid on, and emotions have been very high with them realizing that school will change, friends will not be down the street, and a lot of work is ahead of us. Lach keeps repeating every time I get a box out that "we are packing but will open them later right?" basically wanting to be reminded that we will have our stuff again. // Also that we will not pack Wabash (our dog) and that we will carry him into the new house- haha//
We are excited for this year. Lots of new changes coming our way and I can't wait to settle in to our new house and settle into a routine. We are only 3 months into 2016, and I can tell that this is gonna be one of my favorite years. God is blessing myself with healthy skin each day, blessing our family with new opportunities, and blessing our family with amazing family and friends to help us along the way. I am one grateful mama. xoxo
























What a wonderful way to start a new year. I can't wait to see the surprise project!
ReplyDelete