THE REUNION - warning it's a long one-

Wednesday, May 7, 2014



 

 

The 2 love birds




 



 I can honestly say that I don't know very many couples that have never been divorced.  It is part of our culture now.  It's hard for me to put into words how proud I am of my parents.  They have always been a great example for me and I can't wait until the day KC and I look at each other 40 years of marriage later with more love then we do now.  So here's to my parents for making it 40 years of marriage!!  To celebrate, we all meet in San Diego, CA for a little family reunion.  I can't remember the last time where we were all together, which means it has been a long long time.  My parents rented an amazing house that would fit us all!  It was so fun to see all my nieces all together, playing, figuring each other out, and seeing all us siblings as dads and moms.  Our first beach day was a huge success.  Of course a cold front decided to come the day we got there.  It was super windy, a little chilly (for California), but we had a blast.  The funnest part for me was seeing my little Rhone with his huge smile chasing the waves with daddy.  It was almost a different kind of smile.  A pure joy, pure happiness, no care in the world smile.  For a couple of hours, they just ran up and down with the waves.  Lachlyn of course was obsessed with the sand, and got pretty tired out by the end of it. 









 La Jolla, CA is one of my favorite places I have ever been.  It has been for most of my life.  The house was only 7 mins away and I was sooo excited when we all decided to go.  Walking down to the rocks, watching the waves crash into them, seeing the sea life, the beauty at this place is everywhere.  It always gives me the feeling of serenity when I'm there.  Of course, we also HAD to go visit the "wedding bowl" a little grassy area that KC and I got married at almost 11 years ago.  It was just as beautiful and brought back so many memories.  I of course was pretty adamant about getting a photo (or 2 or 10) of us there with our kids. Something that I hope to do every 10 years.    






 For the 3 days that we were there, we had lots to celebrate.  Not only my parents 40 Anniversary, but we also celebrated my nieces birthdays, a wedding celebration, and also Rhone's 4th birthday.  Now, usually I put on these huge birthday parties for my kiddos but I mean really, a trip to California is a pretty awesome birthday present!  So for lunch I wanted to celebrate him with my family so we headed to a park on the bay, got hot dogs, cake, threw some decorations together, and we made a special lunch just for him.  He is still talking about his cousins and how much they loved his presents. haha. 









 









 The last day we all parted our separate ways.  Some people went home, some stayed in San Diego, and we went to stay at my brothers house for the rest of the week.  We took a trip to the aquarium, did a whole beach day, and just enjoyed being with my brother and his family.  The weather was perfect and we had such a great time there.  As I am writing this, clouds covering the sky's,  I am wishing I back there.  The warm sunny days, the crashing waves are things that Washington lacks to say the least.  My tan is fading away fast, and it just makes me that much more excited for summer to come to us.  California, you always have a special place in my heart, and I think of you always.  It was a great way to see my family all together and hopefully we can do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design