19 months
4 years
Rhone: A beautiful mix
Today is my little mans 4th birthday. To say his 4 years has flown by would be an
understatement. I remember the day he
was born just like it was yesterday. I
really don’t know how to put in words the love I have for him. He made me a mamma and I will forever be
grateful for that.
This past year he has blossomed. He has always had a big bold personality, but
lately I have been noticing not just his own traits but KC and I’s traits as
well in him.
He has been blessed to get so many of KC and I’s best
traits. KC has a ton of qualities that I do not have and that I absolutely could not live without (which is why I swoon for him always). One of my favorites is KC's ability to communicate. He has a
way of loving people with words. He is a
social man and can talk to anyone.
(Something that I completely lack).
He makes people around him feel important to him, and makes them the
center of his attention. Rhone being 4,
likes the center of attention on himself always, but… he has the social skills
that will someday be able to do the same as his dad. Another amazing attribute that I love in my husband is he is
a thinker. He is smart. He is a problem solver. Anybody who knows Rhone, instantly realizes
that this 4 year old is beyond his years.
He has a brain that constantly thinks.
His memory is impeccable, almost photographic. He catches KC and I off guard nearly daily
with the things that he understands and says.
I have had a hard time in life pin pointing my gifts. I don’t necessarily possess the qualities
that get you through school easier. Such as smarts, social skills, or
incredible athleticism. I don’t have
talents that are completely obvious. But
as I continue to grow, I have slowly figured out what qualities I do have that
others may lack. For example, my husband
doesn’t really see when people are in struggling inside unless they speak up
and say something. I however, seem to see
people’s emotions, even when their trying their best to hide them. I see pain in people’s eyes. I see worry, I see anxiety. This maybe one of the reasons I choose to work with the sick. They are people who need someone to see their pain, to give comfort, to understand what their feeling. My problem is I am so shy that I tend to be
too scared to help people who I see needs help.
This is where I get really excited for Rhone. He is just like me in that he sees people’s
emotions. He has such a heart for people
being happy. Because I am such an
emotional person, he has witnessed many breakdowns, cry sessions, and
frustration. He can see it coming on
before KC sees it. He knows when I’m
sad. He knows when I’m not happy. It can be quite frustrating sometimes,
because well as a mom, it is important to keep a front for your kids in many
situations. I need to be their rock. But when I fail at this, and show my emotion,
he is instantly right there, rubbing my back, cuddling, and trying to figure
out how he can help me. It is so
incredibly sweet to see his soul hurt for me when I am hurt. So when I think about him growing, I get
excited to see how he uses these traits.
If he could continue and be the one who can see hurt, and then be the
one to go up and talk to that person, and problem solve with love on his mind,
then that would be my idea of a perfect man.
I love you Rhone. You
made me a mama 4 years ago. You have my
heart, and I am so excited to see what is in store for you in this next
year.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHONE!!
ReplyDeleteAnd it was four short years ago that little Rhone made me a grandpa. I'll never forget that day either. A cherished memory for sure. It's been so fun to see him growing from little kid to big kid. Watching his styles and tastes change. Seeing him blossom as his on individual. I know he loves his parents so much, and I'm so glad he has the wonderful parents he has. With your constant guidance and influence I'm confident he'll mature into an even more amazing young man. I love you all.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLynn, one of your many talents is that you are an amazing and loving mother! You're children are so lucky to have you in their lives. Rhone's strong personality will serve him well in the years to come and challenges that he will face in life. Combined with being taught good christian principles he is, and will continue to be, an amazing person. Happy birthday Rhone.
ReplyDelete