Celebration time

Tuesday, August 20, 2013





// right arm up //



// "look I caught a fish" //


So for our 10 year anniversary, we took 4 days off to be together and enjoy each other and our family.  Our big gift to each other hopefully will be a little trip to Italy in October, eeek!! It's still not a for sure thing, but KC is going for work, so half of it would already paid for.  And I mean, how can you pass that up right?!  So this past weekend we started off with a super fun / experimental camping trip in Birch Bay.  It went surprisingly well and so I can see many future camping trips in our future.  We met my parents there and headed to the beach.  They cooked us steak for our anniversary and had cupcakes and s'mores later on.  The kids did so well and they both had a blast.  Rhone loved the camp fire -like father like son- and Lachlyn loved the dirt.  We all slept through the night and the next morning, my parents took over so KC and I could sneak away.  









KC and I went on a 8 hour whale watching tour leaving from Bellingham, WA going into the San Juan Islands.  It was kinda a dream come true for me.  As most of family and friends know, I'm a little obsessed about being on water and ocean life.  It was slightly disappointing after not being able to see any whales for the first 6 hours, but finally we spotted 2 Minke whales!  We also saw some harbor porpoises (I was the first one on the boat to see them hehehe), sea lions, seals, bald eagles, and learned all about the history of the islands.  Needless to say, for me just the fact that we were on a boat enjoying the water, the scenery, and each other was a perfect day for me.  









 // we told him not to touch McQueen, so he quietly said "ka-chow" as he rubbed the lightning bolt with the back of his hand //

'mater'

'lemons'

 After the trip, we got dinner and headed to White Rock, BC, Canada to stay at a hotel for the night.  Meet up with the family at my parents house for Saturday and Sunday.  Sunday we went to a car show and  I wish I could have photographed Rhone's excitement when he saw McQueen.  He was so excited to touch it, and then proceeded to find cars that looked like all the characters and his hot wheels.  Dream come true for KC and Rhone. 
 It was a great 4 days away and I can't wait to see what is in store for us in the next decade.  

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I saw your comment on Bloggy Moms and thought I'd stop by. I live in Marysville, WA. #waving!

    Love your photos! I would so love to go whale watching. Looks like you guys had a really great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! Love Bloggy moms, thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh! your littles are just so adorable. and i love all the nature photos. kids were made for exploring and living life outside. cheers for being that awesome mama to foster that.

    happy weekend friend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design