
a peaceful Saturday in the sun
Sunday one of my favorites // Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium
Is it Friday yet? Oh wait... I hope not!! KC is about to embark on another business trip to Taiwan and Korea. This time for 10-12 days. eeekk, no I am not ready for this. The last trip was 5 days, and it was pretty brutal so this one I'm feeling very anxious about. The old parents are gonna be out of town for the first half, which means no Canada trip for us. So my plan is to lean on my 2 good friends for a couple dinners and conversation. I plan on staying busy, trying out new wines, and renting girly movies for when the kids are in bed.
This past weekend we made sure to soak up all things fun. KC's last days off were put to enjoying each other and being together. However this week so far just hasn't gone as planned. We were supposed to get me ready (aka... me time, relaxing, grocery shopping etc.). Well... those plans have changed a little with both kids sick with a cold. I've been covered in snot, up all night, and starting to feel it hit me too. KC has been working 10 hour days in preparation for the trip and so needless to say the relaxing time will have to wait till he returns.
On a different note:
Lachlyn decided last week to use her crib rails as a teether. Which means that nice crib that has lasted through Rhone and 2 moves with no scratches now looks like a hungry beaver ate it. There's nothing like walking in to get my sweet little angel from her nap, and seeing brown wood stain all over her face. Well after the third time, I got smart and covered the rails with fabric in hopes of preserving what's left of the crib. And of course to prevent my little organic, no toxins, breastfeed for over a year girl from eating wood stain. ugh!I was hoping that I could do a series of pictures about Rhone's quirkiness lately but who has time right? But I can tell you that this little guy cracks me up with his obsession with hooking things. Everyday I find some kind of car "hooked" and suspended in air to something. Cars hooked to blankets and dangled off his bed, Mater hooked and hung off the vacuum cord, cars hooked and hung from the blinds cords, basically if you give this kid a car and a rope of some sort he will suspend it in air.
Well I hope this week has gone well for you all out there, and I wish you all a happy Wednesday!























"Old?" Are you sure you want me to care for your children if I am old? I volunteered to come and help you after I return from my vacation and I am not planning on bringing my walker!!!!! Maybe a cookbook.......
ReplyDeleteThanks mom, I needed a good laugh. Wanted to see if you guys actually read these posts :) finally figured out how to comment so I'm impressed! And yes please please come help me, I have plenty of cookbooks, just need some one to use them
DeleteLooks like you guys are having so much fun! I hope that your week+ will go smoothly :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kendra! xx
DeleteFeel better soon and I hope you aren't sick of me saying how much I enjoy your pictures and the beautiful photography but I really do. Thanks again for sharing.
ReplyDelete