Lachlyn's 1st Birthday Party

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

 


 


 our elegant display of hot dogs & cocktails

 
relaxing before the guest of honor arrives
 




 Lachlyn's best friends Ben & Ruby

Rhone's best friends Jexx & Levi







   We found this little tucked away space at Rhodedendron park.  It was her little secret garden party.  Family and friends came to celebrate her and the party went perfectly.  Rhone and his 2 friends Levi and Jexx had so much fun playing on the playground and exploring the gardens.  We opened presents, had grilled hot dogs and ate some cake.  
On a side note:
So usually for any party I throw, I tend to do a lot of home made decorations but then purchase food and cake.  I do this because well I'd rather make 100 mini tassels than to bake a cake.  But for some reason I decided that I wanted to bake my own cake and cupcakes.  Partly to stay on budget, and partly because I forgot to pre-order them.  So... the night before the big day, and after I drank a glass of wine I got 2 boxes of cake mix and I started with Lachlyn's ombre cake.  I got this idea from here.  It seemed really hard to pour and was extremely hard to get flat in the pan.  I didn't think anything of it, because well it's been probably over 5 years since I've done this.  So I continued and made cupcakes the same way I did the cake.  Well the next morning I tried a cupcake, and it was super thick and not fluffy.  So KC, started in with the questions... did you put all the ingredients in?  Did you blend it enough?  How much water did you put in?  And then... I realized what water? I forgot 1 of the 3 ingredients that goes into boxed cake! So... that morning I had to re-do the cakes, frost them, and everyone said they tasted delicious! Success.
 So it turns out that she loved her cake and took a good 3 hour nap later that day.  I have to say too that this year was the first year I decided to make my own cupcakes and I've had lots of inquiries about the decorations, and I would just like to thank Pinterest for all my inspiration.
 I set a $50 budget for decorations for her party, which was challenging but I did it.  Buying whole sale, shopping sales racks, garage sales, and using things around the house is how I like to save save save.  Here is a list of all my finds.

My color scheme inspiration was from this Amazing party   
The Lachlyn bunting garland was made by myself awhile ago using flags purchased at Fred Meyer and a little spray paint
The tissue paper, chalkboard stickers, straws, and forks were purchased off Etsy
The long fringe tutorial was found here
The tassel garland tutorial was found here  
The second garland was on sale at target
The cupcake toppers tutorial was found here
The large blanket was my awesome garage sale find
The mason jars can be found anywhere


2 comments:

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design