This post is a tribute to my side of my family. I am so lucky to have my husband’s immediate family here for support and for them to take me in as their own. However because my side lives in other states, they often get left out. So this post is for them.
I want to
say how incredibly thankful I am for them. I am blessed to have such a
wonderful loving family. I couldn't have more loving and uplifting parents.
They keep us together. They have made us who we all are today. Because
we all live so far away, it’s easy to get rapped up in life and loose
connections with each other. I talk with my parents several times a week
and I can always count on my parents to fill me in on what’s going on in their
lives. I have nieces that I haven't seen in over a year and I have a
niece that I haven't even meet yet. Needless to say, it’s been a while
since we’ve all been together. I am thankful that we are all happy in our
own lives and that individually have created loving supportive families of our
own. They each have such a great
story. They each have a way to make me smile. I can honestly say
that even though I don't know them as well as I did 10 years ago, I love them
even more than I did then. It's weird how distance can make the heart
grow fonder even when it comes to family. The unique thing about my
family is that we all live so far away from each other but I know in my heart
that we have always and will always have each others back. We love each other
to the core.
Cue the
tears -- Oh how I miss them. I miss their faces. I miss knowing their lives. I
miss their spouses (or boyfriends) and I miss their kids. But selfishly, the
biggest thing I wish is that they knew my kids. It's hard to fully enjoy
all the amazing things that is happening in my life when I don't have my
immediate family here to enjoy them with me. It's hard for me that I
can’t share my greatest accomplishments thus far (my kids) with them. I
want them to know how funny Rhone can be, what makes him tick, his favorites,
how Lachlyn smiles with her eyes, how she curls up in your chest when she gets
bashful, just simply their individual personalities. I think this is
truly why I started this blog. I don't know if they even read it, but I
do know that they support me in this 100%. I feel like this blog has
helped me in this so much. It has been an outlet for me that I hope will
show my loved ones a little bit of who I am at this time in my life.
Dad, Mom,
Tim, Andrea, and Kendra… I miss you and I love you!!





Families truly are what life is all about. When all is said and done, your family is who you can always count on. Love you Lynn.
ReplyDeleteKen
what a great post. i started a blog when i lived in a different state than the rest of my fam and somehow it helps to share the latest happenings in life... even w/o kids! :o)
ReplyDeleteyou certainly have an amazing family. i'm lucky to know you all and call you friend.
if you are hanging around this place we call AZ, can we coordinate a weekend to stop in + see you?