The dreaded back to school happened this September... dreaded because I much prefer my kids with me. Weird to some but when your a working mom, time with your kids is priceless. Plus, we don't need a schedule, I don't need to pack a lunch and snacks everyday, and no homework! It really is a lot of work for the parents when kids are in school am I right?! But Rhone thrives in school and Lachlyn now is too! It's pretty amazing to see their excitement each morning. Because we moved this spring, Rhone had started 1st grade at his new school. I was a complete wreck while he was Mr. cool. He wasn't nervous, he had gotten over being away from his old friends and after frequent visits to his new school over the summer to play at the play ground he was actually really excited. I envy his confidence. I gave him a goal the first day to meet 1 friend and he came out that day with a couple! Granted he didn't know their names, but he is so friendly and kind that making friends comes easy for him.
Another huge thing that happened the morning of his 1st day, was his 1st wiggly tooth! He was so excited but also very nervous because he was concerned about eating or loosing the tooth at school. Little did we know it took 2 weeks for the sucker to fall out.
Lachlyn also started at a new preschool this year in Pre-K. She goes 2 days a week and she absolutely loves it! Last year she was in a preschool daycare so she is pretty used to the routine and going every day I work, but this school is a little different. It is bilingual Montessori school so were hoping she comes out knowing a little more Spanish than me (which is pretty easy to do:). This school also picks Rhone up after his school gets out so at the end of the day, they get to see each other which they say is their favorite part.
I have to say, this whole school business is stressful for me. Not the kids or KC, just me... I wish I could home school and keep them in a bubble with me, but they are free bird kids and they love being on their own and thriving in new environments. Does anyone else learn from their kids as well? They continually teach me. Looking through the eyes of a child can really make you realize that life is an adventure, its easy, its fun, and isn't' that exactly what God asks us to do with our faith.







No comments:
Post a Comment