Memorial Day Weekend

Wednesday, May 27, 2015















 





KC and I have always wanted to give our kids the experiences that we both had growing up camping as a family.  However, as I grew older and as I had kids, I realized camping is hard man!  We've done several camping trips for 1 night but this weekend we decided it was a good idea to try out my parents camper ( before we buy one) and try 4 days.  Well, we only made it 3 days and really it was all because of my health.  The kids were having a blast, but I however was having a pretty hard time with the outdoors and my skin issues/allergies.  But we did manage to pack in everything we wanted to do into those 3 days.  We went to Leavenworth, WA which is more east meaning much warmer weather even though it's up in the mountains.  The camp site was perfect for kids!  If a lake, swimming pool, mini golf, rec room games,play grounds, and trails weren't enough... they also had a junior Circus there to entertain!  Needless say the kids weren't bored and it was nice to be able to sit back after a long day and just be together.  No TV just us in the woods figuring it all out.  The camper did save us, love being able to escape the nature for a nice nap inside.  On Sunday we took a break and drove into town and got some much needed coffee and lunch.  We even meet up with my sister and had a fun day exploring the town.

We learned a lot on this trip and hopefully can figure out a way to do this more often and also figure out how to manage my health better so that I am able to enjoy it with them.  I just can't escape my urge to buy an old vintage trailer, fix it up, and create a home away from home in it.  Or maybe we'll try a resort next time haha.

Hope everyone had a amazing weekend as well.
Happy Memorial Day!




1 comment:

  1. We are so alike! I know I am annoying cuz I always say that, but I feel the same way about a vintage camper! I first became obsessed after seeing one of my favorite bloggers/scrapbookers get one and do a fun remodel. http://elizabethkartchner.com/2013/11/13/let-the-glamping-begin/

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design