The 52 project: a portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014.
Some of my favorite blogs Bleubird & Kelli Murray did this last year and I loved it. So I've decided to join in and try it myself. Now, lets be honest, me posting something every single week just isn't gonna happen. I mean I already missed the first week! But I am going to do my best, and my goal is to learn to be more creative in taking photos of my kids. Not just of their gorgeous faces, but catching them in the moment the way I see them each and every day.




That's why I love Project Life by Becky Higgins (I have hung out with her and she's so genuine). She began with the idea of capturing REAL life, like what your kids favorite cereal is at the moment, or how they get excited and stand at the window when the garbage man comes, or when your child is sick. Documenting the good and bad of everyday life is a journal. The products have since grown and really it's about the simplicity of documenting everything. I did an entire year in a few hours! That included journaling! I love her motto, which is cultivate a good life and live it! we forget to actually make the memories in the process, but if we don't record it, then we forget why we took the picture and the emotion behind it. I am passionate about it, I know, lol!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea even more now! This is what this little space of mine is all about. I started it as a journal for myself and one day for my littles to look back on. How much fun will it be when the are older to look back at all the little quirks that they had a kids! Those are the memories I want to remember and those are the things that really define each kid. Their likes and dislikes. Their change. And on top of it, I hope to get a little more creative with how to document each one... thanks my dear. xxoo
DeleteAnd what a wonderful way for family (especially grandparents) to see how your family is growing and the fun things you do. We're so excited to get weekly updates. Love you guys.
ReplyDelete