Photo editing

Thursday, December 13, 2012

 Picasa + Photobucket

 Picasa + Photobucket
Headband: Rayna Jaye Shop

 Picasa + Gimp 2.8

Picasa + Gimp 2.8
(no filter...good job hubby)

My camera I use is a Canon Rebel T2i.  One of my top wishes for Christmas is a new lens found here.  I have been wanting Photoshop for many years now, but haven't been able to afford it.  Because of this, I have been in the market for something simular but Free.  I haven't been able to find one program that does it all, so I use alot of different photo editing programs depending on what I need.  

For almost every photo I take, I use Picasa to crop images, straighten, and air brush if needed, and alter images in bulk.  After that, when I want to edit select photos I like using Gimp 2.8.  This program is very similar to Photoshop.  It has so many different options to help with editing your photos.  I generally change the curve first in order to achieve the look I'm looking for.  If I get really creative I can use this program to use select tools to change certain areas of the photo, dodge/burn tools, backgrounds, etc. The newest program I have been using a lot lately is photobucket.  This program has great fonts, decorative overlays, picture overlays, filters etc .

2 comments:

  1. If I haven't said so in the past let me say it now, You are Amazingly Talented!!!! As always I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Thank you Falene, your sweet

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design