Baby Girls Nursery

Thursday, November 3, 2016





 When we moved into our new house, knowing it was only a 3 bedroom and knowing we were pregnant, we immediatly put the two older kids together in the 2nd largest room.  They were so thrilled to share a room!  It made the move alot easier because they had each other and they had a new space where they could chit chat all night long, play, and be the best friends that they are.  So this 3rd bedroom kind of became the storage room until we unpacked and also our office. 

So once we had unpacked and moved the desk into the playroom, we finally could start on making this room 'her' room.  I of course wanted an all white room but decided to add pops of color.  I have tried so hard to do this nursery on a budget and I can say that I did pretty darn good.  Over the past years and past moves, I had purged most everything we had for a baby.  So I knew that setting a budget for the room decor and the baby essentials was gonna be tough.  But I started collecting things early on and bought most everything on sale, the rest is all DIY.  One of my favorite finds was this rug here.  I had kept the crib mattress for when we had sleep overs or family visiting, but I found this almost new crib on Craigslist.  The lamp KC built, the side table was from our bedroom, and book shelves were from Lachlyn's old room.  I spent a lot of time and research looking into gliders.  I knew that it was a key item that I needed for breastfeeding and for reading books, two things I take pretty seriously here.  Because this room is pretty small, I had to find a glider that did not take up too much space.  Also wanting to keep it in budget I found this one here.  After reading hundreds of reviews on a dozen chairs, I choose this one.  And I am so glad I did!  It fits perfectly and is so comfortable.  Something that I was concerned with when buying online.  It glides and swivels incredibly smooth and fits me and KC.   Another tip for buying items is to put them on your registry.  I got 15% off through a registry, 5% using a target debit card and then waited until I saw a promotion on getting $40 back if you spend over $150.

The dresser is an old dresser but I bought cute drawer pulls from home goods to dress it up a little.  The shelves over the changing pad are another favorite of mine.  Buying already made leather strap shelves can cost over $100 on etsy.  But I found this blog that helped me get started on making my own for less than $25.   I changed it a little by adding screws to hold them to the wall, and leather push pins to hold the leather to the wood.  Now they are super secure and baby safe. 

Organization and storage in the room was a big deal since her closet is still being used for my craft supplies and office supplies.  I only had 1 shelf to use to put extra diapers, everything else is in that dresser.  I really have only bought essentials for this girl.  I did buy 1 toy for her room, and 1 toy for her car seat and that is it!  I'm sure she will get more later and really who needs toys when you have 2 older sibling to entertain you. 

I am still waiting to put some kind of art piece above the crib but haven't decided what to do yet.  We still haven't even decided on a name yet!!!  Hoping to get a little more clarity these next couple weeks.  - eek

In the Moses basket are some of my favorite special items I purchased for little girl.  The cutest Sherpa lined bonnet ever was from Stella + Wilbur.   Pacifier is by Natursutten.  Pacifier clip is from Wild Creek Co.  Newborn beanie is from one of my favorites, Candy Kirby Designs.  The wooden brush and the Medihoney is from Amazon. 

I love this space.  I am so ready for her and have wanted her for so long that I tend to just hang out in here for no reason.  Can't wait to share of what else I found that are new to me, and other items that I got again knowing from prior experience how much I loved them.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for this new little granddaughter! Her room is perfect. I really enjoyed this blog post and all the links and advice for bargain shopping. I'm looking forward to seeing the room and all of you in person in January!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design