Celebrating 12 years

Sunday, August 16, 2015























 12 years ago on August 15th 2003 I married the man of my dreams.  He is my soul mate and each year we have grown together.  The ups and downs are so much better when you know deep deep in your soul that the man you love feels the same love you do.  We were given the amazing opportunity by my parents to come up to Vancouver BC and drop the kids off with them so we could spend the weekend together.  It was a much needed trip for both of us!  KC and I have had quite a busy summer, not with a ton of vacations, but with dedication to healing for me and work for him.  Needless to say, we felt like we needed some alone time with each other and I feel so refreshed. 

We headed out Saturday morning, dropped the kids off and drove to Vancouver.  Because I am on a very restrictive anti-inflammatory diet finding food for myself was a big concern for me.  Luckly Vancouver understands and provided us with many options for all organic meals.  I did veer off of my diet a little to drink a wine that KC and I had purchase last October in Italy.  We wanted to save it for just the right occasion.  It was delicous and was the best time to open it!  We went to Granville Island in Vancouver, walked around, ate, laughed, and talked.

We then headed to Squamish, B.C. to go on the Sea to Sky gondola.  The gondola ride took us almost 3000 feet in the air and was by far my most favorite thing that we did.  The views were more than breathtaking.  For me, it was God showing me his beauty.  The clouds and haze at first and then as the sun started to break through the view was flawless.  Follow that up with an incredible meal and a movie and it was a magical day that I will never forget.

I can't tell you how blessed I am to be married to my husband.  We complement each other so well and we give our hearts to our relationship.  This year has been a incredibly difficult year for myself in my health and he has not only been there for me every step, but has continually reminded me of hope for recovery.  He is the most positive person and has a gently way of reminding me that everything happens for a reason, its just a matter of how I take my experiences and use them to glorify God.  All the while... working incredibly hard at his job and providing for our family with not only finances but also the love that I was unable to give at so many times. 

KC, I love you and thank you for being my best friend and my rock.





2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip. You and KC deserve a happy and healthy life! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design