We had a pretty quiet 4th of July this year. We headed out in the morning for the city parade, but ended up leaving pretty early because of the heat. Instead I took the kiddos in the pool while KC fired up the grill for lunch. We hung out all day and just simply enjoyed being all together and remembering how grateful we are for our freedom! Here in WA the sun doesn't set until 10:30 during the summer months which we think is pretty amazing! I can't tell you how much I can get accomplished after the kids go to bed and when the sun goes down. But... the downfall is that because the firework show doesn't start till 10:30 the kids have never been able to see stay up that late. Until this year! They were quite confused at first as to what they were waiting for, but it also was a treat for them to watch the sun set ( weird right? but usually they are in bed). So once the show started I couldn't help but watch them. Seeing a firework show through the eyes of your child is pretty special. They loved each one and they kept saying each one was their favorite. Rhone officially says 4th of July is his favorite holiday even over Halloween. So I guess it was a sucess.
Hope you all had a wonderful day as well!
xoxo








No comments:
Post a Comment