Our Christmas 2014

Sunday, January 4, 2015













So it's January 4th and yes I am just now getting around to our Christmas post!  Time has just been flying by around here, and this little space of mine was rightfully neglected.  I am known to always have a camera attached to me to catch the moments I want to freeze in time, but I seem to lack the time to actually post them... remember that 52 week project I committed too? Ya I looked back and the last one was in July.  But I mean really, it's not like I'm lacking in pictures of my kiddos on this blog am I right? :)

KC and I have been working a lot lately and so we struggled a little this year with getting everything done in time for Christmas.  We forgot to ship I think 4 peoples packages, I just barely got our holiday cards out on time, and I think we crammed 6 different events like seeing lights, and parties all into the last 3 days before the big day.  Christmas is by far my favorite holiday and I think about it most of the year.  So needless to say I have high expectations and try to make a big deal about it.  Working long hours was not part of my plan for sure, so I had to kind of let go of the expectations just go one day at a time.  I have to say what really saved us was doing an advent calendar this year.  Have any of you done this?  It was our first year, and we all LOVED it.  I had 25 little bags that each had a little card with a activity on it.  Rhone and Lachlyn would take turns each night after dinner and open the bag.  We did things like watch your favorite movie, drink hot chocolate, and then a lot of service cards such as: do something nice for someone else, make a card for a friend, give a present to a stranger, and gave our neighbors special presents.  It really was a great way to force us to take time as a family each night and helped us get into the Christmas spirit.  We've already decided that this is new tradition for our family along with a birthday cake for Jesus, which was again a huge hit. 

So this year and really last year as well Christmas day was a pretty quiet one for us. My parents came down on Christmas eve and were there with us for most of Christmas day before flying out to California.  We opened presents, ate a big waffle feast, and then played all day.  Rhone and Lachlyn's big presents were new scooters.  Rhone graduated from 3 wheels to 2 wheels and picked it up pretty quick. I have to say he is pretty darn good at that thing!  Lachlyn finally got one, and although she has a lot of practicing to do, at least she likes it and will try now while we go on our walks. Of course I had to make purple tassels and put a fancy shiny bell for her to really like it but what ever works right!

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas filled with joy, hope, and love.  I am so thankful for all of you who take the time to read this little blog about our family, and can't thank you enough.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design