Lachlyn
On June 7th,
2012 you Lachlyn Charley Fletcher were born at 10:50pm. It was an amazing day.
Here’s your story.
On June 7th I woke up
that morning and prayed a long prayer to God.
I asked him that today would be the day.
I had prayed that prayer many times the previous 2 weeks. I was ready to have you. The entire pregnancy I thought June 7th
was your due date. Well later that day I
found out, my due date was actually June 6th, and you were
officially late by one day. ( Your brother Rhone
was also exactly 1 day late from his due date).
That morning around 9am, I started getting pains in my lower
abdomen. They came and went, and I
wasn’t sure if they were contractions or not.
From what I had remembered with Rhone,
contractions were a tightening of the entire belly. This was not happening. It was only in the
bottom of my belly. So I thought maybe
it was gas pains. That day I had an
appointment with Dr. Hutchinson to get checked at 12:30.
I was nervous to find out if I had made any progress, because I really
wanted to have you today. I had
scheduled and induction the next day Friday June 8th. I wanted so badly to go into labor naturally
that I kept praying for today to be the day.
So your dad and I went to the Dr. appointment and I mentioned my pains. She told be it was probably my ligaments
being stretched and not contractions. I
was about 4 cm dilated which was little progress. We had a ultrasound done, and got to see you
via ultrasound around 1pm. The Dr.
measured you at being about 7lbs 5 oz. I
left the Dr. office sad, I was bummed because I was coming to the realization
that you were not going to come out on your own that day. So we went to LaSalsa to get lunch. The pains kept getting worse. I could barely stand in the restaurant. I was confused as to why ligament stretching
would hurt so bad. Then while standing
there hunched over with pain, I had peace about me. I knew I was in early labor. I was having contractions. They had to be. We started timing them. These pains happened every 4 mins for about
30 secs long.
At home, with your dad and
Grandma Chris I started walking with Rhone in
circles around our house. We did lap
after lap. I timed all my contractions
and Rhone kept asking “What’s wrong momma?
Hurt?” It was a great experience. The pain was manageable. I was just so relieved that I didn’t have to
get induced and that God had answered my prayer. So about 5:30pm, your dad and I decided it
was time to go to the hospital. We
packed our bags and drove to St.
Joseph’s Hospital.
When we checked in to triage, the contractions were about 3 mins
apart. They now were hurting soooo bad;
I couldn’t talk or walk through them. I
was emitted and was transferred into our delivery room. As the nurses worked to get me into the computer
system, and get me hooked up to an IV. I
was in so much pain, I thought I was going to die. Your dad, my love stood there by my side the
entire time. He got me through all the
pain. He cheered me on, and helped me
try to go through this as long as I could with out an epidural. I made it to about 8pm, 7cm dilated when I
screamed for the epidural. I couldn’t
take it anymore. I was having horrible
back labor, and just wanted to relax and enjoy the delivery. So finally when the anesthesiologist got there,
he put in the epidural, and because I have scoliosis, the epidural only numbed
my right side. He told me the curve of
my spine made the needle go in the right side only. So there I was laying down, my right side completely
numb, my left side completely in pain. I
was rolled up onto my left side in hopes that the medication would drain to my
left. It worked for the most part. Eventually I felt little pain in my
left. I was happy. I could finally relax. I was exhausted. I laid there with KC’s hand in mine and
waited in anticipation for your arrival.
Finally about 10:30pm, Dr. Hutchinson came in to break my water. She came in and did so and then asked me to
push, just to see if you were ready to come out. Well you were. It happened so fast. One minute I was laying there wondering if you
were going to come out before midnight, and then all of a sudden, 5 nurses were
there, getting ready for me to push you out.
I held your dad’s hand and starred into his eyes, and started
pushing. I pushed for 2
contractions. We waited for the next
contraction and finally on the 3rd push your little head came
out. You had hair! Lots of hair! My Dr.
looked at me and said “Do you want to grab her?” I was confused at this for a
second, but instinctively I grabbed under your arms and pulled you out. It was the most wonderful experience. I put you on my chest, and cried. We had done it. You were here. And I looked at KC and we fell in love. I cried tears of joy and just held you there
as long as I could.
You were perfect.
7lbs, 14.5 oz. A lot bigger than the
ultrasound had predicted just hours before.
You were 19.5 in long. We just
couldn’t believe you had dark hair. Rhone was completely bald, so it was surprising to us. Your Grandma Burdett, was at home watching Rhone who was fast asleep. We were so thankful of her to do this and
miss your birth, so that we felt comfortable leaving Rhone
while at the hospital. Grandma Michele
and Papa Tony came to the hospital to meet you just hours after you were born. KC and I couldn’t believe how truly beautiful
you were, and how much we instantly loved you.
We were now a family of 4 and our prayers were answered.
With Love,
Mamma


No comments:
Post a Comment